Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Out of the Loop

I have spent so much time writing lately that I have fallen way behind on my reading. My family would find this quite ironic since I walk or ride my bike to the library nearly every day. This has been mostly for research materials for different projects I have begun and then discarded. Basically, I have too many irons in the fire.

So I am taking a few days off from writing for others. I will continue writing for myself, however. This includes my novel (which is about 1/3 of the way completed) and my blog. I will also be reading as much as I can. I'm currently reading an Orson Scott Card book I have never seen before (well, at least until today). A War of Gifts is a novella based on the Ender storyline. For those of you who don't know Card, he is a phenomenal writer. Ender's Game is one of my all-time favorite books; I would go as far as to say it is the best all around science fiction piece ever written.

What a lot of Card's fans don't know is that he has a plethora of books outside the Ender mythos. Magic Street, a fantasy, is great, as are Lost Boys, Empire, and Treasure Box. Card also wrote the first few issues of Ultimate Iron Man for Marvel Comics.

I will be making parts of my novel available for sneak peeks over the next few months as I get closer to finishing it. It's tentatively entitled Runner; and it is not about the type of running that you would think. That's all I will say for now.

Oh! One more thing! I will send a free copy of my annuities book to a lucky reader as soon as I think of a good contest idea. Email me with suggestions: m_g_young@yahoo.com !

1 comment:

knightrunnermatt said...

Insert foot into mouth. As soon as I submitted this post, my editor emailed me with more work that I need to complete. HaHa.